Dear Lower School Parents,
Our thanks to all of you for joining us for our Back-to-School Night; it was a genuine pleasure to see you. It was wonderful to get reacquainted with returning families and to meet new families joining the Derby community. We are indeed a community and together we are a team focusing on your child’s success. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher. My door is also open to you as well.
Today was the first in a series of fire drills that will occur for the entire school. The Lower School will have at least one more of its own. The first drill was to remind us of the fire drill procedures and the assembly point. We practice these drills each year as part of our campus safety program. If your child comes home concerned about the drills or fire safety at home, please take time to allay any fears and use it as a family learning opportunity. Thank you.
- The Lower School library is open after school and checkout time is from 3:15-4 pm. Note: Parents must accompany their children.
- Don’t forget to send your child to school with food items next week for Wellspring. Your efforts in this matter are greatly appreciated.
- Saturday, September 22 – Pre-K Potluck
- Saturday, September 29 – 3rd Grade Potluck
- Tuesday, October 2 – Picture Day
- Monday, October 9 – Columbus Day (No School)
- Saturday, October 13 – Fall Fair
WORD OF THE WEEK
Next week’s word is PRECISE submitted by Michael R. and Ander K. Open here so that you can save a copy and play around with the word at home.
Have a beautiful weekend.
All the best,
Head of Lower School